B.I & BOBBY in PSY’s 8th Album Raises Expectations for iKON’s Comeback

iKON's B.I and BOBBY participated in PSY’s 8th album, and this has raised the expectations for iKON’s comeback.

At 6 PM on May 10, PSY made a comeback with an album titled “4X2=8”. He wanted to infuse young blood into his new album, and he worked with young musicians to find a new 24-year old PSY. iKON’s BOBBY participated in writing the lyrics and the music of “BOMB” as did B.I. B.I also participated in writing the lyrics of “LAST SCENE” and “AUTO REVERSE”.
Collaboration with B.I and BOBBY worked. PSY was going through a slump when he was working on his 8th album, but they helped him to make a breakthrough. During the press conference held upon the release of his 8th album, PSY talked about his slump and said, “It’s been more than ten years since I started doing music, and there wasn’t much to say or much I can say.”


He told B.I the difficulties he was going through when he was working on “LAST SCENE”, and B.I gave him some ideas about the lyrics. PSY took his advice and afterwards was able to write songs more easily. B.I’s lyrics have a wide spectrum as seen in “BOMB”, which is a song about enjoying the present, “LAST SCENE”, a song about breakup, and “AUTO REVERSE”, a song about nostalgia.

The chemistry between BOBBY and PSY is interesting too. BOBBY and B.I are rappers of the group iKON, and their energy combined well with PSY’s in a song written by JYP. All three of them have different rap styles, but it worked like magic in “BOMB”.

No wonder expectations are running high for iKON’s comeback. On May 1, iKON revealed a poster announcing their comeback. It’s been a year since they released “#WYD”. They have proven their song writing skills and wide musical spectrum by participating in PSY’s 8th album, and fans are now very curious about the album that the seven members worked so hard for.  Since debut, iKON has released various genres of songs from acoustic ballads to powerful hip hop songs as seen in their “MY TYPE”, “#WYD”, “AIRPLANE”, and “DUMB&DUMBER”. Now, they are ready to make a comeback, and fans are highly anticipating their new music.

Via: YG-Life

B.I & BOBBY in PSY’s 8th Album Raises Expectations for iKON’s Comeback B.I & BOBBY in PSY’s 8th Album Raises Expectations for iKON’s Comeback Reviewed by YG on May 11, 2017 Rating: 5

Buy iKON Album Now

Powered by Blogger.